Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Sunny in Yellowstone...

Another couple days of fun shooting.  Today, since it's sunny the geysers and sinkholes should be at their best so we're heading out that way.

Some highlights from the last couple days were the Bighorn Sheep, a Coyote, a Marmot and a myriad of gorgeous flowers.

I really love my 500 mm lens but sometimes life just throws you a curve. When you don't have enough glass shots like this never happen. But on occasion, when you finally get long glass things happen. This Coyote was too close for my 500 mm. Do you think he would move away from me? Noooo, I had to circle around my truck just to keep myself away from him! Well, I am still pleased with this portrait shot.


I did get it walking towards me when we first spotted it but then it got way too close for comfort.


I was shooting the wildflowers and heard a whistle so I knew Marmots were around. As I was only shooting flowers I just had my small lens with me. I turned around and noticed this guy on the rock right in front of me watching what I was doing. I figured he was a Nikon guy because he let me walk right up to him to get this shot at only 85 mm focal length.

Yellow Bellied Marmot.





One difference between coastal weather and well...pretty much everywhere else...is the way the weather changes before your eyes. I love being able to see the weather moving towards you from a distance. Here in the mountains these systems come and go with nice sun or heavy wind in between. Certainly a lot of drama!




While shooting flowers I noticed our truck trying to hide in the sage.  The canoe gave it away though...




Once things slow down a bit I ...may...have time to process some of the flowers and Bighorn shots.  Still hoping for a Bighorn ram and Pronghorn babies.

4 comments:

  1. You sure are having a good time! Keep the photos and stories coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference a lens makes, Gordon. You've got some pretty nice shots here. Sorry we missed you but it's sure so glad your having a great time. Might see you when we get to Victoria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good golly Miss Molly but your coyote shots are stellar... man alive... dude you are smokin' hot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I was pretty stoked with them myself.
      (I have more...)

      Delete