Search This Blog

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Playing a Bit of Catch-up

Two blog updates back-to-back!  We'll be travelling to Hazelton tomorrow for some family time and getting our Grandchildren fix so it'll be a while to my next update.

Here is a shot of Laura and I from near our camp in Mt. Robson Provincial Park.


We went to Fort St. James which is a National Historic site similar to Fort Langley.  A Hudson Bay Company outpost 200 years old.

This is the General Warehouse where all the supplies and furs were stored.


Of course, furs were what it was all about so traps were an important comodity.



Having been here before and shot the buildings I focused (no pun intended) on the 'details' this time.







On our way back Laura spotted two Moose.  The first high-tailed it into the bush as fast as it could but the second was down in this swamp away from the road so was not too concerned about me.





On a smaller note here is a Red Breasted Sapsucker that was hanging about our campsite.



On an even smaller note is this wild blue Clematis from Waterton National Park.



And an even smaller note is this little Blue Sulphur butterfly.



As I look back over my images from the past month I see many, many more that I need to edit.  These will have to wait until we get home.  Wow, what a trip!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic to see so many beautiful shots... looks to me like this trip has been very successful.

    ReplyDelete